My career profile
Howell spent the first ten years of his working career with a global chemical company in sales and marketing roles, picking up an MBA from London Business School en route. He then worked for Arthur D Little for two years in their strategy practice before joining Ashridge Business School, where he was a Client and Programme Director for eleven years before going independent.
I have learned that much in coaching is about self-belief, and how to encourage this in others is a lifelong journey for me. When it works, the results are amazing and echo the words of Simon Bornhoft, my windsurfing coach: ‘whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can’t, you are going to be right’.
Over several years I have worked with the two principals of an Artists’ Agent, who have grown their business from a start-up to a substantial enterprise – with a lot of ups and downs on the way.
Howell has worked with clients in construction, financial and professional services, and also with many in the not-for-profit sector, including:
• The MD of one of the UK’s largest readymix concrete companies
• The founder of one of the UK’s largest jobs boards
• The Artistic Director of a charity specializing in engaging with homelessness
• Several senior executives from a leading global awarding body
• The Clinical Director of the Emergency Department of one of London’s most pressurised hospitals
• The Programmes Director of one of the UK’s most innovative renewables companies
• The cohort of six-eight year old cyclists at Welwyn Wheelers